3.18.2012

Sunday Relaxation

Today was such a relaxing day! It got started off on a bad note when I woke up with a migraine that kept me from going to church, but some medicine, a hot wash cloth, and long nap really did the job.

Mom and I decided to go on a little hike since it turned in to such a beautiful day and I took my camera along too!

We have a little road that goes out beside our house and when we were little my mom, brother, and I would always take walks out it.

Okay -- the sun was a little bright, but here we go! 

Had to have Mom snap a quick shot of me in the shorts I couldn't get on last summer!!! :) Even some room to grow! 

Here's our trail! 

Look what we ran in to! Our walk was stopped quickly when we came across a field of horses! We spent a good 15 minutes feeding and petting on them! This one had gorgeous, blue eyes.

TWINS! 

This was my personal favorite. How pretty! 

Had to snap it! What a beautiful picture -- the horse and my momma! 

We traveled a little bit farther down the road and were excited to check out this old abandoned house that we use to look at and peak in... 

There wasn't much left of it! 

We got in a good 2 miles to log in our "Myfitnesspal" Apps! <---- there it is again! ;) Then we came back home and relaxed a little before church! 

I decided to drink a glass of sweet tea, barefoot and on the porch swing! Talk about your Southern girl! Anyway the new book I'm reading is I Got This by Jennifer Hudson. It is fantastic! It's an autobiography about her struggle and victory dealing with her weight and other obstacles she's faced through her journey to fame. I highly recommend it! 


I ended the day by going to church with my family. We had special singing tonight and one of the parents from my daycare was in the group! Her boys were there and the youngest one sat with me. I left church with 8 new games downloaded on my cell phone! The highlight of my night came when a sneeze blew snot all over little Ian's hands which almost moved to my phone, but luckily I grabbed some tissues and did the whole "wipe, blow, wipe, sanitize" all in one motion. He quickly turned to me and said, "Do you have kids?" I just started dying laughing! It really made my heart burst at the thought of him thinking I was a mommy -- that is, after all, my main goal in life. Oh well, someday! Until then I'll just teach. :) 

I'll be heading out to my grandparents farm tomorrow for a couple days, so I won't have cell phone service OR internet! HALLELUJAH! It literally is my safe haven and detox from the rest of the world! It'll be nice to relax out there for a while. I'll be headed up to Morgantown, WV on Wednesday to spend some time with my boyfriend before we head back home for his Spring Break. 

See ya Wednesday! 

5 comments :

  1. Just checked out your blog! You are right, we do have a lot in common! I am your newest follower :-)

    Elyse @ My Life With a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! :) Love your blog, and love your pics. The horses are gorgeous, a little jealous, I must admit, lol. Nice snot intervention, haha! So cute that he thought you were a mom! I look forward to checking out your blog more! :) I'm your newest follower!

    3rd Grade Times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies so much! It's tough getting started on here, but I'm meeting so many amazing, talented teachers and I'm learning so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment and visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog page. Please help me with mine. I had to make one for CI350.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angela! For that class you don't have to design it like this. You can literally just pick a template from the design tab at the top of the page and he will be fine with it. He cares more about the content.

    ReplyDelete