3.03.2012

Counting My Blessings

Yesterday was a bit of a scary day for my community. Several tornados ripped through parts of southern Wayne County causing damage to many houses and even taking the lives of some.

Last night, while all of this was going on, I was at a roller rink with my best friend, Miss Morgan, skating and acting like we were 10 years old again. When I got up this morning to see how severe the damage was from this storm was just 20 miles down the road from where I live I was shocked. It puts things in perspective really quick and makes us realize how blessed we are.

God had such a shield over my family and me last night. When I looked at doppler pictures the storm literally split right where I live and went to the north and south of us. After thanking God this morning I took time today to start counting my blessings.

I created the banner at the top of my page and as I was doing that I looked at the people in those pictures and realized that each one of them is a blessing in themselves. Pup, my boyfriend, has been such an amazing addition to my life the past year. He keeps me laughing when I'm stressed, loved when I'm sad, and capable when I want to give up. I can't thank God enough for bringing him in to my life.

My immediately family is also all included. My dad, Odie, mom, Lisa, and twin brother, Dustin all of whom I love so incredibly much, are all blessings to me. They have helped mold me in to the person I am today and always have loved and supported me.

Also, my best friend, Morgan, who will probably be mentioned in this blog just as much as myself, is included. She is literally my soulmate. We have gone through so many different journeys together and she is always my voice of reason. We could make anything fun! I mean what other 21-22 year olds do you know that will go to the roller rink on a Friday night surrounded by about 40 children 12 and under?

I also got to spend the entire day with my beautiful mother. We just took the day and went shopping and had dinner together. I took away a couple blessings from today. First of all how lucky am I that my mother is still with me. So many young people I know have lost their mother/father or else don't have good relationships with their parents. I'm so blessed to have this closeness with my mom. I also realize how blessed we are to have the money to go shopping and out to eat. My parents have worked so incredibly hard their entire lives to provide for us and thankfully God has had his hand over us through all of the economic devastations.

I've ended my evening trying to do some work on this blog. I'm still working on snazzing it up and learning new things about layout and such. Between that and chit chatting with my boyfriend I'll call it a night!

2 comments :

  1. You are truly lucky to have your mom. I lost my mom when I was 23 years old and feel like I really missed out on a lot. Cherish the time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cindy. I couldn't imagine losing my mother at such a young age. I am so very blessed.

    ReplyDelete