8.22.2012

Craft Crazy

My final week of summer I have officially gone CRAFT CRAZY.

I'm exhausted, so this post will be short and sweet, but I had to share all the crafts/DIY projects I've been working on this week! 

First off, I made a hospital wreath/bedroom wreath for my sweet little (nephew-ish), Brandt! I can say that right? ;) 

I LOVED the way it turned out. 

What you'll need:
- Styrofoam Wreath
- Cardboard letters (Hobby lobby!)
- Your choice of fabrics torn or cut in to strips about 16 inches long
- thick ribbon to hang it from
- acrylic paint for the letters

I literally tied each strip in a little bow around the wreath and scrunched it tight against the next. Hot glue the words on after they are painted and you're done! 

My next project was this old wooden rocking chair my mom was going to toss.

I picked up some fabric and stuffing for the pillow and some acrylic paints to match and made a reading chair for my future classroom! 



And my FAVORITE DIY project this week was my game day t-shirt dress! 

I can't even begin to explain how to do this because my mom helped so much, but what you will need:

- 1 large t-shirt with team logo
- 2 yards of fabric for skirt
- 1 yard of fabric for sash

I'll post a "how to" later because this really turned out to be adorable! 


I hope everyone's week is going as great as mine! 

No comments :

Post a Comment