10.03.2012

October?!

It's already October?!

I haven't posted in a while, but can I just ask where in the world did September go!? 

Although September was a blast filled with birthdays, football games, baby showers, and more, I'm more than ready for all the fun that October holds! 

This week I started my reading block clinical! That means I've been getting up at 6 every morning to go to my little elementary school with my sweet third graders!

  (Which also may be the reason for any typos in this post, I'm zonked!)

This weekend is Marshall University's homecoming game, so my boyfriend is coming in for the weekend and my best friends and I plan on tailgating and cheering on the Herd! 

Next weekend my girlfriends and I are taking a mini ROAD TRIP to the fabulous Spencer, W.V. for the Black Walnut Festival! 

My parents are from Spencer and my sweet grandparents still live there, so we plan on doing a couple days of festivals, parades, and farm life!!! 

AKA: RELAXING

I've also got plans to go to some local fall festivals with Morgan for our fall check list! 

My most recent, and probably most important, October event is that I'm going to interview Tuesday to become a "Big Sister" with our local Big Brothers Big Sisters program in Huntington thanks to Morgan and her deciding to join! Her first day was this week and after hearing about her experience she convinced me to join as well! 

If you think you'd want to be a mentor and sacrifice one hour of your time a week. 
Literally, ONE HOUR. 
Then go here!

That's all for now... there's jambalaya calling my name! 

No comments :

Post a Comment