4.20.2012

High Five for Friday

This is always the post I look forward to writing most every week! So many awesome things happen to me throughout the week that I want to post about, but for the sake of not being repetitive I try to hold out the really good things for High Fives! So here we go...

1. Professors that CARE!
 This week I had a professor come up to me during my clinical and ask me if I had ever considered a specialization in early childhood education and then went on to compliment me. When you are in college getting a professor to remember your name means something, but for one to go out of his/her way to tell you they notice your hard work really makes you feel like all the effort and time you're putting in is worth it! 

2. #WINNING! 
My intramural volleyball team won the championship last week! It felt awesome to get to play sports again. Winning the championship was like the championship I never won in high-school! 


3. E-Cards!
I've been seeing these E-cards on Pinterest and weren't quite sure where people were getting them, so my girlfriend showed me a website www.someecards.com and they seriously have me cracking up. I was having a rough day the other day so I got on there and typed in the subject I wanted and I was rolling laughing at some of the things those cards said! It's kind of like the things that everyone thinks, but no one says. I'm loving them! 

4. Cheat Days! 
I know I always talk about my lifestyle change and how I am all about eating healthy and watching what I eat now, and I still am, but I gave myself a cheat day this week and it was the most glorious thing ever! I finished a huge final portfolio a week before it was due and decided to treat myself with Taco Bell. For those of you that don't know, Taco Bell is my guilty pleasure... a guilty pleasure that I hadn't had since JANUARY! I devoured it. It was amazing. Now I'm paying for it. 

5. Mommy-Daughter Dates
Although this one is happening tonight, I am so PUMPED for my Mommy-Daughter date! We are headed to dinner and to see Nicholas Sparks' new movie The Lucky One. Mom and I are HUGE Nicholas Sparks fans. We've successfully read and purchased every book and are working on the movie collection! Aside from our love for Nicholas Sparks, I'm just honestly so excited to spend an evening with my momma. It seems like I haven't had time to slow down lately with the semester coming to an end, so this should be fun! (SIDE NOTE: If you have time to hang out with your mom and don't -- YOU SHOULD! Momma's aren't going to be here forever !) 

I love High-Five for Fridays! Leave me a comment if you do one so I can check it out! 


3 comments :

  1. someecards.com is hilarious. I LOVE their e-cards. There are so many are just so wonderful. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a cheat day RIGHT NOW! :) I've been such a good little fruit eater and hardcore exerciser this past week, I thought I good use a little Mexican date with my hubs! We all deserve a cheat every once in awhile, right?
    Congrats on your team win and on your compliment! It's so nice to be recognized (especially by a professor!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my Mommy/daughter time...and Nicholas Sparks. Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to spend a little time with me. :)

    ReplyDelete