4.23.2012

Am I the Only One?

Although this weekend was more than relaxing it seems as if Monday has slapped me in the face! All of my classes are starting to wind down, just in time for my summer classes to start! JOY! A couple of things have happened this week that I've decided not to write about, but if you pray (and I know several of my beautiful followers do) please send one up for a special friend of mine. 

Anyway, yesterday in church I testified about a GREAT moment I had at school this week. Great moments in college are rare and fleeting so I thought I would share this one with you. 

In my Physical Science Lab this week I had a "special" girl sit down at the table beside of me. She was going ON ON about the most vulgar and obscene things. Don't get me wrong I wasn't born under a rock and I haven't been caged up my whole life, but there are some things I just don't want to hear about while trying to trace topography maps -- or ever. I began to think I was the only girl in the room who was uncomfortable with this girl until my friend, Kati, walked in. Kati has shown me through actions, that she is a Christian, so when she sat down at my table I was relieved because I know she would feel the same way. After a few minutes Kati looked at me and I gave her back the look that I was hearing it and was uncomfortable too. Not to mention that a woman had brought her child to class that evening, who was also having to listen to this garbage. 

Kati just looked at me and started talking about the AMAZING things God had done at her church the past week and the miracles that were taking place. From there we were able to get my lab partner involved and before you knew it we were all talking about God's miracles and how much he blesses us on a daily basis. I'm not sure if that girl ever quit talking, but the conversation we were having seemed a lot louder than hers. 

I'm not perfect and I don't deserve God's grace and mercy, but I am a Christian -- but I KNOW that if Kati wouldn't have come in lab that day I wouldn't have had the courage to start talking about God like she did. I'm thankful for Kati and I'm thankful for those other Christian girls I go to school with because at times in college it can feel like you are the only one. 

As I testified this at church yesterday, our church deacon reminded me of the story of Paul and how on his journey to Corinth he felt afraid and discouraged because so many people didn't believe in God as he tried to tell them about Him. He felt like he was the only one, but God said to him "Be not afraid, but speak, and hold thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city." Acts Ch. 18:9-10.


This scripture is everything I need as a young christian because I feel at so many times that I'm the minority as a Christian, but if I would just find the courage to speak up, I'd be surprised at how many other Christians there are struggling to speak up as well. My newest goal for myself as a christian is to speak up and not be ashamed to talk about God. 

Thank you Terry for the scripture and thank you Kati for having the courage to speak up! 


Have a great day! 

3 comments :

  1. It's so encouraging to hear stories like this, and I'm amazed at how supportive the body of Christ can be when we are in need. What a wonderful testimony to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Case, for such a sweet testimony:) even old ladies like me need to hear these uplifting moments! Love you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both welcome ladies! I always need to hear things like this and experiencing moments like this remind me of how unworthy I am, but we have an AWESOME God who loves us no matter what! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete