4.27.2012

High Five for Friday!

Linking up with one of my favorite bloggers today, Miss Lauren from My Grey Desk, for High Five for Friday! 

 Photobucket

This week rocked my world, but I managed to narrow down only 5 major things that get my high-fives today! 


1. ITS A BOY!!!!
(She is going to die over this, but we worked at a daycare together! That explains so much!)

One of my oldest, and most amazing friends, Haylee, found out that she is having a BOY on Tuesday! Oh my gosh. I'm dying. So many angel boys! Looks like I'll be going to many little league games in the future! 
Here's precious Paxton all curled up in Momma! 

2. HONOR ROLL!

My AWESOME friend/student that I tutor not only got on the honor roll last grade card, but brought me 5 A's on different school assignments, so we got to do tutoring at Orange Leaf -- a fun, new FROYO place nearby! We had a blast and I am one proud tutor!

3. BYE-BYE Semester! 

So, if you all haven't heard from me enough about how GRUELING this 20 hour semester has been you are about to hear some more! It has been ROUGH. But the high-five part of the story is that out of the 8 classes I took I only have 3 finals! The tests are going to be rough, but I'd much rather take 3 tests than 8! So here is to ALMOST being finished with my Spring semester! 

4. 90 Year Old Men...

Okay that sounds weird... but really... I was grocery shopping an hour ago and while browsing over the tomatoes a (70-90) year old man walked up to me and asked me if I was married. I told him no way Jose and he then proceeded to tell me how pretty I was and wanted to make sure I wasn't married because he wouldn't want to offend my husband. HOW PRECIOUS. So, this (90?) year old man gets  a high five from me, not only because he made me feel like a million bucks, but also because he showed so much RESPECT. So many men/boys these days forget about respect. I have been gawked at, whistled at, yelled at, and even barked at which shows not only disrespect to me, but to my boyfriend. The fact that this man thought first that I could be someone's wife before even telling me I was pretty made me want to take him to campus with me and show guys how it is supposed to be done.  So kudus to you, sir! Thank you for showing respect!

5. PINTEREST FOOD.

Oh man... here is the downfall of my healthy living.
I am so obsessed with Pinterest recipes. I've decided to post a recipe that I've tried and LOVE and then a recipe that I am (literally in 5 minutes) about to try (and probably LOVE).

I made these Jalepeno Poppers last Sunday. I got 2 and the rest suddenly disappered. HM. Anyway, they are super easy and super DELICIOUS. I recommend them, especially for small get togethers! 











Then there's these little devils.... I've been seeing these pop up on my 





pinterest for weeks now... and I






 caved. I must create and consume these horrible little calorie filled devils... 






I will post the results. 






Source: Uploaded by user via Casey on Pinterest

3 comments :

  1. Congrats on finishing up with your classes! What a blessing it is to only have 3 finals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin just had a baby boy names Dexter. He is so sweet. I am an honorary "auntie" :)

    Here's my H5F:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/feel-good-high-five-friday-42712.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you high fixed that man. TImes like that, I always wish I would have said, "would you like to take a picture with me" (for the blog, probably with us high fiving!) but I get so excited, I miss the moment.

    ReplyDelete