5.06.2012

My Summer Break Weekend

Hi all! I figured I would go ahead and blog because I had a busy busy weekend and my summer classes start tomorrow, so I'm about to be really busy again! 

Here's a recap of my fun weekend! Friday evening Morgan (who is a new blogger check her out here!) and I grabbed ice cream at a local ice cream shop and then sat by the river and had girl talk. Afterwards we went to her house and learned some zumba songs so we burned some calories off! Haha!

Saturday was jammed packed, but a ton of fun. Morgan and I assisted her Momma at our Relay for Life Zumbathon! I almost passed out, but luckily made it through! It is tough keeping up with those two Zumba Mami's! 

Signature pose! :)

Immediately after our zumbathon I rushed home to get ready to glam up my "little sister" Paige for her senior prom! She looked ABSOLUTELY stunning if I don't say so myself. It's not hard to make someone as beautiful as her look glamorous! 

It was so fun primping and helping her get ready! It made me miss high school so much! 

(Check out the 10 dollar Gabe's wedges! My boyfriend refered to them as "sassy"! HAHA)

Gorgeous! 

After my busy morning I FINALLY got to see my sweet boyfriend! He is officially home for the summer! We went to dinner with his fabulous parents and then spent Cinco de Mayo with friends. It was so good knowing that I wasn't going to have to tell him goodbye this time! 

Today was everything that a Sunday should be. I went to church with my family, then we went to the nursing home afterwards and handed out Mother's Day cards. We don't realize nearly enough how blessed we are to be able to take care of ourselves and, for me at least, to have grandparents who are still in good enough health to take care of themselves. 

I drove down to Pup's house shortly after church to spend the entire evening with him considering my week is jam packed with school starting tomorrow. We had a true lazy Sunday and I loved every minute of it! 

In other news I totally took advantage of the Teacher Appreciation Freebies today on Teachers Pay Teachers! I've got a lot of lesson plans to write and teach for my two classes I start tomorrow, so I'm sure some of what I downloaded will come in handy! Thanks ladies! 

In other news, I started a new book today, Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow. I've, of course, only heard amazing things about Tim Tebow, but reading this book has become a blessing in itself. It seems like I always have a lesson to learn and the past few weeks I've been dealing with some struggles of my own, but some things I've read in this book have really helped me out. 

"I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

My lesson from this needs to be to relax and not worry about things I cannot control. God already has a plan for me and my future and as long as  I do His will, and not mine, he will give me the life he sees fit.

In one part early on in the book he recalls a time when his dad went to do a controlled burn to the hay field to get the weeds out of the pasture. The "controlled" fire soon got out of control and they had a panicked moment, but what he remembers most from the incident was after the fire was put out his dad decided to teach his children a lesson. 

Tebow writes, "With the smell of the fire still on our clothes, Dad got us glasses of water, sat us down, and picked up his Bible. "Just like a small spark can cause a big fire," Dad said, "the smallest part of the body, the tongue, can cause great damage when we do not control it. A wrongly chosen word can hurt a reputation, alientate a friend, or break a heart," he continued, and had us each name a word that could hurt someone. A memorable lesson."

When I got to this part of the book I literally said, "wow" out loud. I think back to all the times I've let my tongue mess up a friendship or relationship because I didn't think before I spoke and because I let me emotions get the better of me. I also think about people who have hurt me because of words that I still to this day haven't forgotten about and it makes me never want to inflict that kind of pain on another person again. Great, great lesson. 

This entire book so far has been a lesson for me. I would recommend it to anyone. 

Whew. Sorry for the hodgepodge of topics on here, but I had so many things on my mind tonight! I want to leave you with a few of my close friend's blogs to check out! They are all fairly new to the blogging seen, but have fantastic blogs and stories to share!





2 comments :

  1. Absolutely love this post, case! First off..the Tim Tebow book. I knew you'd love it! Can you believe the connections it has to our every day life? It's ALWAYS better to think before we speak. We know how hard it is to bite our tounge but in the end, doesn't it feel so good to be the better person? I think this ties into what my mother, and I know your mother, has instilled in us... "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Like you said, we've all slipped and said/done things we regret but it's all about right NOW and how you live your life from that point on.

    I just felt like it was appropriate to blab on that topic. Thank you so much for introducing me to the blogging world. But most of all, thank you for being my better half! Living in this crazy world would sure be difficult if I didn't have you. I love you smeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blabbing! I've been buried under construction paper and glue sticks since I got home and was getting stressed until I read this! I think I'll call it a night and read some more Tim! :) I love YOU!

    ReplyDelete