6.18.2012

It's been far too long...

I feel like I have been cheating on my blog with babysitting, house sitting, school (yes I'm still taking classes), and tutoring. 

I started thinking about the new experiences I've been having through my one-on-one interaction with all my kiddos (and dog kiddos) I've been with the past couple weeks and thought I'd share.

1. If you have a baby and look half way decent when you go out in public... I salute you. I had the priveledge of watching a sweet baby girl and her brothers for a day and let me tell you something, by the time I got everything together and in the car I was sweating and a hot mess. So you go Mommas! 

2. Don't just WATCH kids when you babysit them, hangout and play with them. I couldn't believe when I heard one of the kids I babysat tell his mom NONE of their previous babysitters had ever played with them before. How sad! Needless to say it made me thankful that I had got up and played basketball, croquet, and baseball with the boys that day, but more importantly it reminded me to never just sit around no matter how tired I am because kids remember when you make that effort! 

3. College students -- don't get a full time job if you don't have to! I told myself that this summer I would take a break from my super fun, but super exhausting full time job at the daycare and just babysit and tutor for money. BEST DECISION I COULD HAVE MADE! I make more money this way than I ever did working full time and I'm only working half the hours (if that). I wish I would have done this right out of high school.

Those are just a few things I've learned the past few weeks and I'm sure there will be plenty more life lessons to come! 


2 comments :

  1. I couldn't agree more! Play with the kids! Don't just sit on your tail! :) You're a fantastic babysitter--Chlo misses you! :) Glad you're surviving the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog and i'm glad to have come across it! :)

    Now following!

    Looking forward to your next post! :)

    Please check out my blog if you can,

    Thank you :D

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete