6.04.2012

Catch up!

Hi everyone! I've been a slacker here lately with my blog, but there has been a lot going on so I'm just going to quickly mention everything, or try to at least. Ya'll know how I love a hodge podge post! 

Last Tuesday my beautiful "little sister" graduated from high school. I'm so incredibly proud of her! 


That same week I also finished my first set of summer classes and we had some of my family down for memorial weekend! We soaked up every bit of sun we could! I also got to see a wonderful friend get married!

 

This past week Morgan and I attended a FOSS training for teachers which was really cool. For those of my teacher friends who aren't familiar with FOSS, get familiar! It is an amazing kit based science unit that literally has everything you need for an entire unit in one kit. It also has a manual that steps you through experiments and the best way to extend student learning. It is fabulous! 

This weekend was a blast as well! We traveled to Spencer, WV to my grandparents' farm to celebrate my little cousin's graduation! It was the first time since I was in the first grade that we had all the grandchildren together! What a blessing.

The graduate on my left and my cousin's wife on the left. :)

My boy. (Shorts at Gabriel Brothers! 6.99 woo hoo)

 Brother and Boyfriend. 

 All ten of the grandchildren!

All of us with Grandma and Grandpa!

Needless to say it's been a great couple of weeks. I start my second session of summer classes today and I'm hoping it will fly by! 

I'm also starting to tutor a sweet little (BIG) soon to be second grader. We are going to be doing a lot of reading, so if any of my teacher friends have some fun reading practices please let me know! 

Have a fabulous week and I'll try to blog more this week! 

2 comments :

  1. I love FOSS science. I bet the training was awesome!
    Happy Monday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate, It is fantastic! The training was hands down the best and most interesting training I've ever been to!

    ReplyDelete