9.12.2012

Weddings.

I will be the first to tell you that I am a sucker for weddings. 

I mean, I cry... and cry... and cry. Even when I don't know the people getting married.

I think it is such a beautiful celebration. 

The usual times I cry:

- Father giving the bride away
- The exchange of vows
- The father daughter dance
-The mother son dance
- Sometimes a sappy toast

I'm a sucker.

Anyway, this weekend I got to see one of my oldest friends get married to the love of his life and I was just bracing myself for the tears because I actually KNOW this person -- VERY WELL, like, well enough that I've been on multiple vacations with him, been at SEVERAL family events, went to church with him, spent the night at his house throughout my entire childhood (with his sister)... so, yeah, I was bracing myself. 

Anyway, I did get EXTREMELY teary eyed ONLY ONCE!


When I saw these handsome fellas all standing at the front of the church. 
(These guys are all like my brothers. Very overwhelming knowing we're all grown up.)

The rest of the wedding... I didn't shed a tear and I've come to realize that I was just HAPPY.

Like, bursting with happy, happy. 

I was surrounded all evening with the people who I've come to consider family down here in Wayne, WV. There wasn't one second I wasn't laughing and smiling. 

But, between the square dancing, Dixie land delight karaoke, and great company... who wouldn't be! 

The beautiful bride!

Main reason I was laughing all night.
(Dress: Forever 21)

Sister of the Groom.

The GROOM -- Dane! 

And just for laughs... My desperate attempt to catch the bouquet. :( I dropped it. 


No comments :

Post a Comment