1.21.2013

Student Teaching: Getting Acclimated

(Disclaimer: The majority of my posts over the next 16 weeks will be about student teaching, so if you are not interested stop reading now.)

Last week consisted of three full days of training, preparation, motivational speakers, and COFFEE. 

We listened to past and present educators tell us all about their trials and triumphs of teaching, while we patiently awaited Thursday morning to start experiencing our trials and triumphs of our own.

Thursday morning came and as I drove to Lavalette Elementary I turned on some good ole K-Love to get in the right mind set for student teaching. I started praying for a good experience and for God to watch over me and my friends throughout this exciting new chapter in our lives and started to cry (of course). It was just so overwhelming to think about how I really do believe this is God's will for me and I think it was just a way of Him showing me that it was, indeed. 

Anywayyyyyyy

I got to meet my kiddos and check out my classroom for the next 8 weeks and couldn't be more pleased! 

I've got 19 eager students, who are extremely well behaved (or at least they were on their best behavior for me!) and welcomed me with opened arms. 

We started a little late Thursday and Friday was an ISE day, so tomorrow will be my first full day on the job and I'm super excited! 

I have been brain storming all weekend about my unit I'll be teaching in a few weeks and I am PUMPED to share my ideas with all of you! 

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure I'll be updating sometime this week.

If any of you know any good 5th grade blogs to follow feel free to let me know!  

1 comment :

  1. Listen, I'm dying that you didn't get placed at my school...and furthermore, placed with me! I just thought for sure that was going to happen! Anyhow, who are your mentor teachers? I'm totally nosy and jealous! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete