1.13.2013

Student Teaching... FINALLY!

I am SO excited to, finally, share that I will be doing my student teaching on my old stomping ground! 

It's been 11 years since I sat in a classroom at Lavalette Elementary and this week I will begin TEACHING there.

Blessed is the only word I could think of to accurately describe my feelings when I received the news that I would be doing my student teaching at Lavalette for many reasons. 

1. It is where I went to elementary school, as I've already said.
2. It's approximately 4 miles from my house, which is a blessing from God as far as gas money goes. (Being a poor college student is no fun.)
3. I will get to see my babies from my daycare again! 
Leaving the daycare was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but God always has a plan, doesn't He? 
4. Last, but not least, I am at the same school as my BEST FRIEND! 
All through our classes Morgan and I have said it was our dream to one day be able to teach down the hall from one another!  HOLY DREAM COME TRUE! 
I truly cannot wait to lesson plan and teach with my best friend to lean on every day. 

I've always thought it was God's will for me to be a teacher, but the way He's blessed me already with my student teaching has reassured it that much more. 

Good luck to all my fellow student teachers! Here's to one last semester!



p.s. I'll be in a 5th and 2nd grade classroom, so feel free to throw ideas and lesson plans my way! 

2 comments :

  1. Student teaching is such an amazing experience! Good luck with it!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it's going well! I can't believe how lucky you got with your placement!!!

    ReplyDelete