6.24.2014

A New School Year... A New Grade...

I'm officially a 5th grade teacher! 

I am so excited to start my career in a grade that I adore! I found out last Tuesday that I had received the 5th grade position at my school and have been working ever since! I'm hoping to share what I do in my classroom through my blog, but with newlywed life and starting a new job, I'm not sure how well I'll do with that!

I have so many plans for this coming year, but my first was to get in my classroom and PAINT! :) I fully believe in making your work environment fun and inviting. (That's why my kitchen is turquoise and lime green!) My kiddos and I are going to be spending a lot of time in this room, so I wanted to give them something that was motivating and fun.

 Now TELL me that doesn't say motivating and fun to a 5th grader!

 Here are some pictures after most of the painting was completed. The room is still a hot mess, but it's starting to take shape and I couldn't be more excited!



 Fellow teachers: How do you feel about the U-Shaped Tables? I only have 12 kids (NANANANA BOO BOO) so I'd like to keep them close together to promote collaboration and discussion. Your thoughts? 

 Prospective chill space for reading, possibly.
My favorite space in the room (or will be in the future). Our writing nook! This is where our computers will be set up for our newspaper and all the supplies we need to be successful writers will be stored! I can't wait to teach writing!

Speaking of which.... here is my current Donor's Choose Project to get my kiddos a camera for our school newspaper we will be producing this coming school year! 

And just for giggles... you can't be a teacher without being flexible and knowing how to roll with the punches... that happened when my entire gallon of lime green paint fell off my portable book shelf and onto the floor and everything within a 5 foot radius... solution: I have a great lesson to teach my kids on motion and balance and a new lime green book shelf.




Happy Monday, everyone! God Bless!





1 comment :

  1. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the Lime Green Paint Experiment!!!

    ReplyDelete