11.11.2012

Writing Autobiographies!

Hi all! We have been busy bees in the third grade class that I am doing my student teaching in! 

Two weeks ago it was finally my turn to teach the whole reading unit! SOLO!

It was a little nerve racking, but SO, SO fun! 

Here's what we did.

I found this AMAZING autobiography pack from The Teacher Wife's TPT store and it rocked my world.

We tweaked a few things, but overall it was a fabulous pack that covered pretty much all bases! 

This week we were reading Author: A True Story from their Treasures reading book, so it fit perfectly! 

Of course throughout this week we had state assessments to take, a freak snow storm, and in class speakers, but hey, this is supposed to be like real life teaching, right? Haha. We still managed to squeeze all of our plans in and the kids ROCKED their autobiographies. 

We also learned about Author's Purpose this week as our skill. I was able to use the "Easy as P.I.E." saying to help the kids remember them. 

After a long week I brought in my fancy rocking chair I painted over the summer... remember this post?


This was our "author's chair" for the day and we had a BLAST sharing. Luckily this little one covered her face while reading so I was able to capture the moment and legally put the picture up! I'm so mad at myself for not taking more pictures of their work! 


I finished my unit up by giving the kids writer gift bags filled with Post-It notes, pens, pencils, gel grips, and erasers! 

They really worked SO hard and I was SO proud. They are currently typing them for West Virginia Writes! 

1 comment :

  1. I love that chair.....I need to do something like for my classroom!

    I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. Come on over and check the blog post about it!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete